Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Photo Collaboration Project

A great photographer and friend of mine, Cherron (www.raininglightphotos.com) have teamed up for a 52 week project this year.  I am so excited b/c one of my goals this year is to shoot more for MYSELF and my love of creating images and not 100% for client work.  This project is perfect b/c it forces me to think outside the box and get really funky and creative.  I'm  having so much fun with it!

Week 1:  Childhood
From the get-go, I had an image in my mind of what I was going to shoot - Brooklyn's Barbies all strewn out in front of her Dream House.  B/c when I think of my childhood, it was LITTERED with Barbies.  Seriously - littered.  And I did take those images, but they just weren't what I envisioned in my head. 

As I was sitting on the floor of our family room, I glanced across the hall into Jake's room and caught a glimpse of his Bear Bear.

Boom!  Lightning bolt!  Who doesn't have a special teddy bear or other stuffed animal growing up?  I had a manatee from Gulf World in Florida that I slept with until Rob gave me the "it's him or me" ultimatum.  

  I love Cherron's artwork idea!!!

Week 2: Fruit

As some of you might know, the second week of January 2011 wasn't easy for me.  My grandfather passed away unexpectedly one day before his 82 birthday - on MY birthday.  We were out of the country on a cruise celebrating my 30th.  And couldn't get back in the country right away.  It was excruciating not being able to be there for my grandmother.  Thankfully, we made it back in time for the visitation and funeral, and then we stayed with my grandmother for a few days just to keep her company. 

When I got back home, I had NO groceries in the house!  (Brooklyn said it was like we were homeless - I said, "Brooklyn, homeless people don't have a home - we have a home."  To which she replies, "Well, we are just really poor b/c we have no food."  Nice observation, B.) 

So,  no groceries - other than some week and a half old apples. 


This week's assignment is CUP.  Gonna be a toughie . . .

4 comments:

  1. I love this post, Heather. What a fabulous idea. I am sure you guys will learn so much, by thinking outside of the box as well as from the images the other takes. What a great exercise in perception!

    Thank you for starting this blog. I have been feeling inspired lately as far as writing about and expressing my love for my newfound pursuing a natural lifestyle. You are an inspiration always, my intelligent friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth!!!! Still not sure what I'm doing for cup . . . :)

    ReplyDelete