Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sometimes he sleeps . . .

and it's the most beautiful sight. EVER.

It isn't hard for me to remember the days when my almost 3 ("I'M FOUR, MAMAAAAAAAA!!!") year old terror sweet son was a tiny infant.  I think I remember collages of days as opposed to single moments - having a 2.5 year old and a new baby, I was in such a haze that everything ran together for about the first year.  (don't judge - i was just tryin' to survive). 

Jake has always been a cuddler - he still is.  As I type this, his elbow is digging into my rib cage b/c he is smooshed against me as we sit in a recliner made for one (and one with a butt much smaller than mine, I might add).  As a baby, he loved being held - and as he got older, his favorite spot was (again) smooshed up against me on the couch.  He learned to hug at a very early age and would just squeeze my neck.  He would pat my back whenever I was carrying him - talk about making your heart swell.

Anyhoo, (I'm a rambler, you know . . .) nothing takes me back to those sweet baby days better than watching him sleep.  He's so beautiful it takes my breath away . . .

He sleeps, and I forget his frequent tantrums and craziness.  And I remember.  I remember holding him in the hospital for the first time - this baby of mine who was a complete oops surprise to his Daddy and I.  I remember all of those sweet moments awake in the middle of the night for nursing - just Jake and Mommy.  I remember cuddling with him just last week while he rubbed my face and said, "Mama, I wuv uuu."

When he sleeps, I remember. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, when they sleep, isn't it the best??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was a bit much for me. You would think I still have crazy prego hormones flowing through me. Dj is my cuddler and I feel everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes he is a hugger and I love every moment of it. He can be a little devil one minute and then the next he melts your heart when he hugs you and says " Nanny, I wuv uuu. " He is so precious and so is his big sister, Brooklyn. Nanny loves both of you very much. Hugs and Kisses!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is precious. He can be so sweet when he wants to be. We love him and Brooklyn so much. They are both cuddlers and I love that time. I want a copy of this picture please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok i am sitting here crying now, looking at Callie Grace sleeping... so so precious Heather.. he is such an angel..

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds alot like my son, he is a cuddler too, squeeze my neck and pats my back. Most be a mommy and son thing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. crying...love this image. love love love it. simply perfection and, yes, he IS gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete